I have moved far beyond my beginning designs and I think the logo is much better now. Figuring out how to color the logo was extremely difficult, with a lot of juggling of layers to get the effect I wanted. I tried to keep the face coloring subtle but still impactful so that it would be visually interesting but the attention would go to the main shapes.
Take a look at the final design and see if you can spot any shapes.
If you noticed, I tried to make the face into an “H” and a “V” to represent “Haute Villainy,” my company name. We decided it would be a fashion company, hence the focus on the mask, and it would be for super villains. I think that the last one with the color was reminiscent of “mirror, mirror on the wall” to continue with the super villain theme.
I believe there is a clear difference and clear hierarchy to the designs because they are all the same central design but also completely different with colors, while staying to a similar color palette.
It is definitely unified, simple, readable, and I think it is unique. I tried to avoid making the face look like a superhero face, which was a bit difficult, but I do think it brings an evil vibe.
This is the design I’ve been waiting for, I think. I was so unsatisfied with the last design (you can see the last design in a previous post) and I did not want to just do a mask and the name of my company. I felt that would be regressing, back to the mask with the words in the form of a smile.